Thursday, February 3, 2011

Orcs!(2010)- Where Do You Go When All The Other Monsters Have Been Used Up?



Since I've recently come into quite a bit of free time(unemployment will do that), I've been spending more and more time haunting some of my favorite spots on the internet. My favorite, of course, being this little slice of stupid I like to refer to as "my blog". After spending the majority of last year ignoring blogging, you might have noticed I've been devoting a lot more time to watching and writing about movies. Not that my audience was ever large or I was on a deadline but expression is one of those things that make people happy. Even if it's a couple of paragraphs about a shitty exploitation movie, at least I'm doing something. So far. 2011 has proved to be successful since I have already doubled the blog entries I put in during the entirety of 2010.

Besides the reviews, I have also been known to drop knowledge on some up-in-coming indie horrors. After recently trolling the darkeah deptha of genre forumdom, I came upon the trailer for Orcs!(2010), and it caught my interest. Now I'm just as sick of the oversaturation in the monster market as the next nerd, but I find something interesting about replacing the undead with fantasy creatures. As a former roleplayer and Magic The Gathering addict, I can't get enough of orcs. There are only so many times I can watch LOTR, so where else can I get my geek fix unless I resort to my old ways(which I still might do regardless)?

Hopefully, Orcs reaches the festival circuit pretty soon. Even straight to DVD would work for me even though I would love to see such a fun idea get the recongition it deserves. Any way it comes to me I'm going to enjoy it. I'm sure many of you will find the trailer a bit campy, but what else are you going to do with such a motley fantasy race?



http://orcs-movie.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/OrcsMovie

No comments:

Post a Comment