Sunday, February 13, 2011

FestQuest:SXSW 2011 Midnighters - Insidious




IMDB says - "A family looks to prevent evil spirits from trapping their comatose child in a realm called The Further."

I may be jumping to conclusions, but seeing "from the creators of Saw and Paranormal Activity" at the beginning of this trailer doesn't really draw me in. In fact, it makes me think that this film could end up being a waste of time It has been well established that I am a hater of the Saw franchise, and I liked Paranormal Activity but it should have been limited to a one off and not franchised. Insidious looks like it might be a bit too polished and "Big Hollywood" for my tastes. I don't really foresee a movie like this spending too much time on the festival circuit. I actually would be surprised if it was given a release to the general public sometime this summer.

I don't really see myself hitting up the theaters when it hits NYC, even if it makes the indie theater circuit. I could be wrong though, we will see how promising the reviews are. I'm pretty sure that the only was I'll be watching Insidious is if I have nothing left but it for an OnDemand selection, but you never know.



South by Southwest(SXSW) Film Conference and Festival 2011,March 11–19 in Austin, TX(as if you didn't know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment