Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cinema-Site Highlight::Wrong Side of the Art

I spend a great deal of time on cinema-related websites. In fact, I would go as far to say that politics and current affairs mean less to me than what some random asshole, like myself, has to say about Laura Gemser. Truth be told, there are a lot of us assholes out there in the blogosphere. A minuscule amount compared to, say, the dime-a-dozen wetbrains that write about what ever garbage Hollywood churns out to Walking Thoughtless. B we genre-cinema fiends have a fairly cozy corner of the internet to get lost in for many hours at a time. I do it, and if you are reading this, you are probably just as guilty as me.

I've been meaning to highlight some of the blogs and other websites I spend most of my time with when I'm not losing my humanity on Facebook or Twitter. The optimum idea for said blogging-about-blog blog entry would be to highlight a site a week, but knowing the way I do things on CdT, I would be lucky do it once a month.

For this first Site Highlight, I present to you Wrong Side of the Art!

Wrong Side of the Art is what I consider the best online resource for exploitation/b-cinema poster art. Not only is the site updated more than once a day, everyday as far as I can tell, but the art posted is actually worth saving to your hard drive. Unlike many poster images scattered over the internet, the images on Wrong Side are sized to perfect printing size. I'm not quite sure how the webmaster has both the time and resources to update on such a regular basis, but kudos to them! Any place I can grab a Japanese Godzilla poster on the same page as a Funicello/Avalon Beach movie print is practically the closest thing I could get to Net Heaven. The biggest problem I've ran into with Wrong Side of the Art is the lack of space I have on the walls of my apartment.

So whether your into cinema, pop art, or both, Wrong Side of the Art is a great place to get lost for all those ours you don't care to spend with 140-characters. And if you would rather tweet than check out poster art you will never see anyplace else, you might want to try a 12-stewp program.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sir,

    I have found your website through a search at Google.( url) Your website is quite interesting
    and knowledgeful. i also have a similar Blog and would like to offer you a Link Exchange
    so both of our website visitors can get benefit of related resources.

    My Address is John01.wang@gmail.com

    http://www.tontineblog.com/

    Please reply me if you are interested so we can discuss further details.


    Thanks,

    John Wang
    Owner Of Ton Tine Blog

    ReplyDelete